If you’re asking yourself “Does CCPA apply to my business?” then breathe a sigh of relief because the answer is most likely “no“.
The CCPA applies to a business if they:
1. Have annual sales over $25 million.
2. Derive 50 percent or more of their annual sales from selling personal data.
3. Buy or receive the personal data of 50,000 or more consumers or devices per year.
Just for fun, let’s pretend CCPA does apply to your business. Then what? Well breathe another sigh of relief, compliance isn’t very difficult.
How do I comply with CCPA?
2. Verify the identity of the person making any personal data requests (Click Here to Learn How).
3. Include a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on your home page.
4. Obtain consent before selling personal data from minors 13-16 years old. For minors younger than 13 you have to obtain consent from their parents.