- They click an ad for a product or service.
- They search for the product or service and click a result.
- Someone tells them about the product or service.
A Better Way?
Put the goal of the site front and center. Take a look at a few examples.
Websites don’t have to be super complicated to do a good job.
Pick A Goal:
- Capture Leads
- Sell Something
- Educate on a topic
Whatever goal you pick, make sure it’s front and center on your site.
I generally think the following layout works best:
- Hero Section – Take your best shot!
- Testimonials Section – Provide social proof.
- Proof Section – Backup your social proof with credentials